Call (07) 3425 1098 to let us know you're interested. Registration takes about 10 mins.
We'll send you some general information, an application form and a copy of our Fee Schedule.
When we receive application forms, we schedule Intake Interviews for parents.
Interviews are conducted at the Centre, by two staff members. Interviews take about 90 minutes.
Intake & Assessment
What is the purpose of the Intake Interview?
- To clarify the reasons for accessing the Service
- To provide details of contact times, frequency and locations
- To identify persons included in contact visits
- To make any necessary contingency plans
- To allocate each parent a car-park and entrance
- To arrange time for child orientation
- To give parents an opportunity to ask questions
- To provide a tour of the Centre and facilities
- To explain emergency procedures
- To ensure parents are aware of arrangements and schedules
- To understand the views of each parent
Child Abuse Allegations
- To establish if any investigations have been conducted by the police or child protection authority and whether or not allegations have been substantiated
- To determine the most suitable Contact Supervisors in terms of their skill, experience and qualifications
- To identify matters for consultation with the ICL (Independent Children’s Lawyer) if an ICL has been appointed
- To determine the degree of vigilance required during Supervised Contact i.e. minimal staffing ratio and support staff
- To identify appropriate support services and submit referrals, with parent’s consent
What is the Service Agreement?
To access Services, parents are required to agree to the conditions outlined in the Service Agreement; a comprehensive list of all terms and conditions which details roles and responsibilities of Supervising staff. In some cases, either before or after Services commence, it may be necessary to modify terms of the Service Agreement to reflect the family’s circumstances or to address individual need. Any proposed amendments involve negotiation with, and the consent of both parents.
Can I bring my child?
What to bring
- A copy of the current parenting order (including any consent order) made by the Court
- A copy of the current Family Violence Order (if applicable)
- Any parenting plan
- A Family Report or other documents the Court has ordered to be provided to the Children’s Contact Service
- Any information that may influence the way we provide services, such as information about a child’s or parent’s health condition
- Driver’s License or other photo id
- Intake Fee or receipt of payment. The fee for each parent’s Intake Interview is $175
National Australia Bank
Account No: 13-321-1696